[TYPES/announce] several open positions in rigorous systems/software engineering with applied formal methods for trustworthy elections

Joseph Kiniry kiniry at galois.com
Wed Sep 18 15:16:21 EDT 2019

Hi all,

While I am still a Principal Scientist at Galois <https://galois.com/>, we are now in the middle of officially spinning out Free & Fair as a separate Public Benefit Corporation.

As stated on the Free & Fair website <https://freeandfair.us/>:

Free & Fair is a spin-out of Galois. We develop elections technology whose security and architecture are reviewed by the world’s foremost experts in academia and industry. We apply the same techniques used to solve problems relevant to national security for the U.S. federal government.

Free & Fair has around ten open full time positions <https://freeandfair.us/careers/>, many of which have to do with rigorous systems/software engineering with applied formal methods.  I'd love to see some applications from the TYPES community.

Let me know if anyone wants any additional information, or if anyone has any questions about the world of elections, given I've been buried in it since 2000 as a scientist-activist and public employee for the majority of those years.

Best,
Joe Kiniry