[TYPES] Why are ACM conference registrations so expensive now?

Neel Krishnaswami nk480 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 15 13:31:24 EST 2023

Hi Adam,

I don't think there is any easy way to avoid the complexity of online
presentations. Our conferences are usually in America or Europe, and it
can be very difficult to get visas in a timely way for people from
countries like Brazil or India. So if we want them to be able to both
present and answer audience questions, then we need some kind of live
connection.

Best,
Neel