[Unison-hackers] add unison via ssh to a C#.NET project

Cade Thacker cade at cade.org
Mon Mar 20 22:15:01 EST 2006

Hello all,
I did a good bit of Google searching for this topic and I did not find
a lot which lead me to one of two conclusions.

1) I'm on to something cool that I contribute back
2) I'm am looking out at a graveyard of efforts that failed

I hope the answer is #1, but I fear it is #2.

Anyway, on to the question.  What I want to do is to build a Window's
service via Visual Studio 2005 that will run unison over ssh and sync
peoples home computers to a linux box via ssh.   All of my users are
Windows XP.

So the question is pretty simple.  Is this a crazy idea?  If this is a
crazy idea, can you explain so I understand why?  Would rsync be a
better options for this type of project?

As my manager once said to me:  "I just don't know what I don't know".

My background is I am a Java/PHP/C# web programmer.  I do not have any
Windows level programming experience, but I want to learn, and am
pretty stubborn.

Thanks for your responses.

--

--cade