[Unison-hackers] Upgrade the unison stable version

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 4 21:40:49 EDT 2006

> I am the debian maintainer of unison. I have a grave bug concerning
> unison (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=349674). I
> think the bug is solved, since the bug reporter also submit the bug to
> the unison mailing list.

The flaw reported in this message is present in *all* versions of
Unison.  A design for a fix has been discussed, but it has not been
implemented yet.

> Debian is in the process of releasing a new major version (etch) by
> december. It would be great to have a unison version in it (the actual
> version is 2.9.1, the latest stable without grave bug...).

It would be great to have Debian distributing a version newer than
2.9.1, which is really old now!  However...

> The freeze will happen somewhere in the middle of october. If a unison
> version is promoted stable before this date, it will be great !

... middle of October is really soon.  I don't know if it's possible
to get the current development version polished up enough to become
not just a beta but a new stable release in that timeframe.

    - Benjamin