[Unison-hackers] Command line arguments and OS X GUI

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri May 7 08:00:52 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Stefan Rank <list-ener at strank.info> wrote:
> What is the output of::
>
>   which -a unison
>
> for you?

/usr/bin/unison
/Users/schmitta/bin/unison

> The unison binary that can be installed via the menu option of the
> macnew GUI (to /usr/bin/unison) calls the internal Unison (capital U)
> and accepts command-line arguments here.

Yes. And this is where things fail. When I call:
/usr/bin/unison a.tmp b.tmp
as specified in the tutorial, I get the profile chooser. (The other
unison, in my ~/bin directory, is a text only version and works fine.)

Note that this has been reported several times by OS X users: some
(most?) command line options work, but specifying the roots like above
does not.

Alan