[Unison-hackers] fsmonitor watching ignored paths?

Jay Levitt jay.levitt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:01:39 EST 2011

I'm using inotify support for the first time, with unison 2.43 (svn r471)
installed on both my Mac and my Ubuntu Lucid server.  When I run "unison
-repeat watch" from the Mac, I get errors like

[Pyinotify ERROR] add_watch: cannot watch
/home/jalevitt/some/path/to/something/I'm/not/mirroring

/home/jalevitt is one of my two roots, but I'm explicitly specifying a bunch
of paths, and ~/some/path/to isn't among them.  I've even tried adding it to
the ignore list in default.prf, but fsmonitor.py still tries to add a watch,
and it eventually fails since it's a deep directory tree and there are too
many files to watch.

Is there a workaround?