[Icfp04-discuss] comments

Eijiro Sumii sumii at saul.cis.upenn.edu
Sun Jun 6 19:45:11 EDT 2004

Hi all,

We would like to remind you that we organizers do not always reply to
postings to icfp04-discuss at lists.seas.upenn.edu, as it is for
discussions among participants.

If you need our reply, please write to
icfp04-organizers at lists.seas.upenn.edu instead.  We watch it and reply
for all the 72 hours during the contest.

From: "Wolfram Fischer" <w.fischer at semantics.de>
> Are commented lines counted?
>
> i.e file
>
> Move 0 2 ; state 0
>          ; state 1 - comment only
> Turn Right 0 ; state 2
>
> Does ist work this way, or is the comment line simply not counted?

As for this question, comment-only lines _are_ counted.  As a result,
the above solution is syntax error because it contains no instruction
on the second line.  See the third item in Section 2.8
(Neuro-Cartography) of the task description.

Good luck with your ants,

--
Eijiro Sumii (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~sumii/)
Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania