[Icfp04-discuss] simulator speed

Jeff Franklin JeffreyFranklin at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 18:28:44 EDT 2004

Just curious, how long does it take your simulators to run through 100000
iterations?  It's taking mine about 2 hours (on a P4 3GHz), so I've just been
running through 5000 or 10000 and seeing how it does, which only takes about
10 or 20 minutes (respectively).  Is this normal?  Does everyones simulator
run this slow?  All my map/ant lookups are O(1), and I have all the C++
compiler optimizations on (-O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer), and I
turned off all the output.

Thanks,
-Jeff