[Icfp04-discuss] Ant entries

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Jun 7 22:02:59 EDT 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Martin Tampe wrote:

> Congratulations to Dunkosmiloolump, Readteam, z25 Treasureisland and
> Defendant for writing such excellent ants!

Our ant is better than all the ones I've seen so far at gathering food,
but it doesn't try to attack at all and doesn't do a very good job of
defending itself, apart from keeping collected food in a pretty much
invulnerable store. I thought our collection strategy was pretty obvious,
so I imagine someone has done something like Redteam's traps plus our
collection strategy and will do pretty well.  We will also be beaten badly
by something that encircles us early on. [I haven't looked at z25 or
Defendant yet]

> I collected all ants that were posted here in a single zip file:
> http://tampe.cc/ant/all_ants.zip

Thanks!

> And thanks to the organizers for such a great competition.

Seconded. Beautifully designed, no bugs in the specification apart from
trivial things; I think they must have spent a lot of time carefully
tuning the parameters of the contest (or they're just really good at
designing them :-)

Cheers,

Ganesh