[Icfp04-discuss] Ant entries

Jed Davis jdev+icfp at xlerb.net
Mon Jun 7 17:08:29 EDT 2004

Michael Radziej <mir at spieleck.de> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 07, Paul Pelzl wrote:
>

>> My ant, and the associated toolset, is posted here:
>> http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~pelzlpj/icfp2004/
>
> Funny, I had the same basic idea (but my ant code is still
> buggy, unfortunately). And your code looks more sophisticated ;-)

And the same idea my best ant used, too.  I actually wound up using
the ants' getting stuck near old food sources as a feature: the
resulting swarms of ants were (with some tuning) rather effective at
catching and killing stray enemy ants, and then using the markings to
transport the dead bodies back to the anthill.

I have some more refinements I want to try for this... but I'd also
like to write a simulator in a better-supported language ( -> faster)
and give it pretty graphics.  Decisions, decisions.

dn: cn=Jed Davis, o=panix.com  ##          see also jldavis at cs.oberlin.edu
objectclass: person
mail;personal: jdev at panix.com  ##    PGP Key FP:   A098 903E 9B9A DEF4 168F
mail;work:     jld@/           ##  [id 0xF33659F9] AA09 BF07 807E F336 59F9