[Icfp04-discuss] K.I.S.S. Team Ants

Tomas G. Rokicki rokicki at CS.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jun 8 16:39:08 EDT 2004

All I want to say about people comparing ants:  be very careful
in drawing any conclusions from limited tournaments.  Even if
A beats B handily, if you add in C, D, and E, B may come out
way ahead because it beats the others more frequently than A
does.

It appears the overall winner will be the one that wins the
most games, not the one that beats the most others.  Ideally
they will be one and the same, but quite possibly not.

Compliments to everyone on their writeups and strategies;
there have been so many times reading them that I said,
"I wish I had thought of that!".  You all rock.

-tom