[Icfp04-discuss] why we, the organizers, did not provide a simulator

David Brown icfp04 at davidb.org
Tue Jun 8 19:53:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:37:03PM -0400, Jed Davis wrote:

> Of course, people writing in some flavor of ML could use much of the
> pseudocode from the problem description, given some fairly minor edits
> (switch -> match, etc.).  Hmm... camlp4, anyone?

Haskell already has constructors for Right and Left.  We had to chose to
either hide those from the prelude, or rename the internal keywords to
TurnRight and TurnLeft.  We chose the later.  It only affected the
parser.  BTW, Haskell's read/show only took slight modifications to just
directly be able to parse/generate the ants.

Dave