[Icfp04-discuss] Method for determining the best ant

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Jun 9 22:43:03 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Matt Kearse wrote:

> I think the method the judges use to determine the winners to be not
> well defined:
[...]
> Both methods are valid for judging, but they test for different
> things. Anyone else have opinions on this matter?

The vagueness was clearly specified in the contest description, and I
think it's entirely reasonable for the judges to use their discretion in
picking a worthy winner. Personally I would rather see the ant that can
perform best against other top ants win, but we should let the judges make
their own decision.

Cheers,

Ganesh