[POPLmark] The purpose of challenge problems?

Daniel C. Wang danwang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Jun 1 22:06:11 EDT 2006

Proving any interesting theorem is a serious investment in time. I think
the micro/macro-benchmarks should give people confidence that they
didn't make the wrong choice at the get go. I'd currently choose a
different system depending on my problem. At the very least the
benchmarks should give people guidance about what choices they have.
Hopefully, after some time people might start asking why there just
isn't one way that "just works".