[POPLmark] Poplmark Digest, Vol 10, Issue 5

Karl Crary crary at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 12 13:25:40 EDT 2006

Hi Michael,

I think it would be interesting to prove the sort of result you're
talking about, although I would prefer not to overload the term
"adequacy" to refer to it.  However, I'm curious why you think that no
one would ever attempt to prove adequacy (in the usual sense) for an HOL
encoding.  Is there some technical obstacle, or are you just saying that
the HOL community isn't interested in that sort of thing?

    -- Karl Crary