[TYPES/announce] PhD Studentship available

Alexander Kurz kurz at mcs.le.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 09:31:20 EDT 2006

Please distribute to potential candidates

The Department of Computer Science of the University of Leicester offers
a PhD studentship (GTA). The GTA-scheme involves some teaching and runs
for 4 years. Unfortunately, the university waives the fees only for EU
nationals.

The PhD student will join Nick Bezhanishvili and myself in our current
work on "Coalgebras, Modal Logic, and Stone Duality". Colleagues in
Leicester working in related areas include Roy Crole, Reiko Heckel,
Vincent Schmitt, Emilio Tuosto, and Fer-Jan de Vries.  Moreover, there
will be close collaboration with logic groups at the University of
Amsterdam (in particular with the VICI-project directed by Yde Venema at
ILLC) and at the University of Oxford (Hilary Priestley, Alexandru Baltag).

For more information on the topic see

  http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/people/akurz/

The official announcement and application form is available at (Ref
S2995)

  http://www.le.ac.uk/personnel/supportjobs/index.html

The applications should be submitted no later than 20 October 2006.

If you have any questions please send me an email.

Best wishes,

Alexander