[TYPES/announce] PhD Position in Computer Science at UVM

Christian Skalka skalka at cs.uvm.edu
Mon Nov 6 14:16:36 EST 2006

=================================
PhD POSITION IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTER SECURITY

The University of Vermont, USA
=================================

Location: Department of Computer Science, The University of Vermont
(UVM), Burlington, Vermont, USA.

  http://www.cs.uvm.edu
  http://www.uvm.edu
  http://www.ci.burlington.vt.us

opportunities in the foundations of computer security.  Our current
research has two main thrusts.  The first is type-and-effect analysis
for enforcing temporal safety properties in software as a form of
programming language based security.  The second is the use of
formalisms and programming logics to specify and implement distributed
trust management (authorization) systems for applications such as web
services.  More information about these projects and associated
publications is available online:

  http://www.cs.uvm.edu/~skalka/skalka-pubs/skalka-projects.html

Research will be conducted in the context of larger projects being
carried out by the Distributed Systems Group:

  http://www.cs.uvm.edu/research/distrsys

This position is funded by a grant from the Department of Defense
(DoD), Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR).

Inquiries: Please direct questions to Christian Skalka,
skalka at cs.uvm.edu, http://www.cs.uvm.edu/~skalka.

To Apply: Information about the UVM Computer Science PhD Program,
including information about applying, is available on the web:

  http://www.cs.uvm.edu/gradinfo/PhD-guide.shtml

The deadline for applications to start in Fall 2007 is February 1,
2007.

Christian Skalka
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science