[TYPES/announce] International School on Rewriting 2008

aart.middeldorp@uibk.ac.at aart.middeldorp at uibk.ac.at
Fri Dec 21 11:43:20 EST 2007

1st Call for Participation

**********
I S R 2008
**********

http://cl-informatik.uibk.ac.at/events/isr08/

3rd International School on Rewriting

July 21-26, 2008, Obergurgl, Austria

Background
----------

Term rewriting is a powerful model of computation that underlies much of
declarative programming and which is heavily used in symbolic computation
in mathematics, theorem proving, and protocol verification.

Following the first two editions in Nancy, the 3rd International School on
Rewriting takes place in Obergurgl, Austria. The school is aimed at master
and PhD students, researchers and practitioners interested in the study of
rewriting concepts and their applications. To accommodate the different
backgrounds of the participants, we offer two tracks:

(A) a full-fledged introductory course accompanied with exercise sessions,
    for participants without previous exposure to term rewriting

(B) a series of more advanced lectures on recent developments and
    applications

The school is organised under the auspices of IFIP WG 1.6.

Location
--------

The school takes place in the Obergurgl University Centre of the University
of Innsbruck. Obergurgl is an attractive village located high up (1900
meters) in the Austrian Alps, close to the Italian border.

Lecturers
---------

* Hubert Comon-Lundh
* Dieter Hofbauer
* Jan Willem Klop
* Pierre Lescanne
* Ian Mackie
* Tobias Nipkow
* Vincent van Oostrom
* Femke van Raamsdonk
* Andrei Voronkov

Grants
------

We have grants available to cover the registration fee for a number of
students. Details will be announced on the ISR 2008 web site.