[TYPES/announce] ETAPS 2008 Call for Participation

Joost-Pieter Katoen katoen at cs.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 28 04:56:25 EST 2008

[Apologies for multiple copies.]

   ***                                                           ***
   ***                         ETAPS 2008                        ***
   ***                 March 29 - April 6, 2008                  ***
   ***                     Budapest, Hungary                     ***
   ***                                                           ***
   ***                http://www.etaps.org/                      ***
   ***              http://etaps08.mit.bme.hu/                   ***
   ***                                                           ***
   ***                  CALL FOR PARTICIPATION                   ***
   ***                                                           ***
   ***     Early Registration Deadline: February 10th, 2007      ***
   ***     Normal Registration Deadline: February 29th, 2007     ***
   ***                                                           ***

The European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software
(ETAPS) is the primary European forum for academic and industrial
researchers working on topics relating to Software Science. ETAPS,
established in 1998, is a confederation of five main annual
conferences, accompanied by satellite workshops and other
events. ETAPS 2008 is already the eleventh event in the series.

 Location

ETAPS 2008 will be hosted in Budapest, capital of Hungary, which
was founded in 1873 as the unification of the separate historic
towns of Buda (the royal capital since the 15th century), Pest
(the cultural centre) and Óbuda (built on the ancient Roman
settlement of Aquinqum). The city is bisected by the River Danube,
which makes Budapest a natural geographical centre and a major
international transport hub. Budapest has a rich and fascinating
history, a vibrant cultural heritage, yet it managed to maintain
its magic and charm. It has also been called the City of Spas with
a dozen thermal bath complexes served by over a hundred natural
thermal springs.

 Conference Venue

All ETAPS events will be held at the joint complex of Danubius
Health Spa Resort Margitsziget & Grand Hotel, which is situated
on the wonderful Margareth Island (Margitsziget) in the heart of
Budapest being literally an island of calm and relaxation.

 5 Conferences - 22 Satellite Workshops - 8 Tutorials

Main Conferences

 CC 2008:      International Conference on Compiler Construction
               http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/~hendren/CC2008/

 ESOP 2008:    European Symposium on Programming
               http://esop2008.doc.ic.ac.uk/

 FASE 2008:    Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering
               http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/events/fase2008/

 FOSSACS 2008: Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures
               http://fossacs08.pps.jussieu.fr/

 TACAS 2008:   Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of
                   Systems
               http://www.cs.stonybrook.edu/~tacas2008

Invited Speakers

   Luke Ong (University of Oxford, UK)
   Tom Reps (University of Wisconsin-Madison, US)
   Thierry Coquan (Göteborg University, Sweden)
   Connie Heitmeyer (Naval Research Lab, US)
   Sharad Malik (Princeton, USA)
   Michael Schwartzbach (University of Aarhus, Denmark)
   Igor Walukiewicz (LaBRI Bordeaux, France)

Satellite Workshops

ETAPS 2008 Satellite Events will be held right before and after the
main conferences, on March 29-30 and April 5-6, 2008.

 ACCAT:    Applied and Computational Category Theory
 Bytecode: Bytecode Semantics, Verification, Analysis and Transformation
 CMCS:     Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science
 COCV:     Compiler Optimization Meets Compiler Verification
 DCC:      Designing Correct Circuits
 FESCA:    Formal Foundations of Embedded Software and Component-Based
           Software  Architectures
 FIT:      Foundations of Interface Technologies
 FORMED:   Formal Methods in Computer Science Education
 GaLoP:    Games for Logic and Programming Languages
 GT-VMT:   Graph Transformation and Visual Modeling Techniques
 LDTA:     Language Descriptions, Tools and Applications
 MBT:      Model-Based Testing
 MOMPES:   Model-based Methodologies for Pervasive and Embedded Software
 PDMC:     Parallel and Distributed Methods of verifiCation
 QAPL:     Quantitative Aspects of Programming Languages
 RV:       Runtime Verification
 SafeCert: Certification of Safety-Critical Software Controlled Systems
 SC:       Software Composition
 SLA++P:   Model-driven High-level Programming of Embedded Systems
 WGT:      Workshop on Generative Technologies
 WRLA:     Workshop on Rewriting Logic and its Applications

The following invited speakers are giving talks in the satellite workshops:

Dexter Kozen, Stefan Milius, Dirk Pattinson (CMCS),
Albert Benveniste, Mariëlle Stoelinga (FIT), Jean-Raymond Abriel
(FORMED), Gabriel Sandu (GaLoP), Juha Pekka Tolvanen, Hans Vangheluwe
(GT-VMT),
Robert Fuhrer (LDTA), Linda Northrop (MOMPES), Henri Bal (PDMC),
Jean Goubault-Larrecq (RV), Connie Heitmeyer (SafeCert),
Grégoire Hamon (SLA++P), Bran Selic (WGT), Ahmed Bouajjani (WRLA)

Tutorials

Program verification using the Spec# Programming System
(K. Rustan M. Leino and Rosemary Monahan)

Learning meets Verification
(Martin Leucker)

Verification-centric Development in Java with JML and ESC/ Java2
(Joseph Kiniry)

Theorem-prover based Testing with HOL-TestGen
(Achim D. Brucker and Burkhart Wolff)

Static Analysis of Programs: A Heap-centric View
(Uday Khedker)

Model-based vs. Code-based Verification for Secure Systems
(Jan Jürjens)

Practical Phoenix ? A Hands-On Workshop
(Andy Ayers, Chuck Mitchell and Mark Lewin)

Web Services
(Igor Kanovsky)

Registration and Contact Details

For online registration, please visit

     http://etaps08.mit.bme.hu/

and go to menu item "Registration".

Contact details are available at the menu item "Contact us". In case
of any questions not addressed on the web pages, please email
etaps08-organizers at mit.bme.hu.  =

| Joost-Pieter Katoen  email: my_last_name[at]cs.rwth-aachen.de |
| RWTH Aachen             URL: www-i2.cs.rwth-aachen.de/~katoen |
| LS2: Software Modeling and Verification  tel: +49 241 8021200 |
| D-52056 Aachen, Germany                  fax: +49-241 8022217 |