[TYPES/announce] CRA-W/CDC PLOSA Workshop - Application deadline January 23rd

Stephanie Weirich sweirich at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Jan 13 13:37:02 EST 2009

PLOSA 2009: CRA-W/CDC Programming Languages, Operating Systems, &
Architecture Workshop March 7-8, 2009 Washington DC, co-located with
ASPLOS http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mckinley/plosa-craw-2009/

Application deadline January 23rd!

As a joint effort of the Computing Research Association's Committee
on the Status of Women (CRA-W) and the Coalition to Diversify
Computing (CDC), we are organizing a  workshop in Programming
Languages, Operating Systems, & Architecture to be held together with
ASPLOS. The workshop is particularly targeted at women and under-
represented minority graduate students and early-career faculty with
research interests in programming languages, operating systems, &
architecture. Through technical panel sessions with academic and
industry leaders, as well as other informal activities, the workshop
will provide mentoring to support participants in achieving their
career goals. A webpage with a tentative schedule and the application
form is now available on the web page:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mckinley/plosa-craw-2009/.

We will provide reasonable travel support for participants.  There is
no charge for the workshop.

Feel free to email the workshop organizers with questions or to
donate support:  Hillery Hunter
(hhunter at us.ibm.com<mailto:hhunter at us.ibm.com>), Dilma M Da silva
(dilmasilva at us.ibm.com<mailto:dilmasilva at us.ibm.com>), or Kathryn
McKinley (mckinley at cs.utexas.edu<mailto:mckinley at cs.utexas.edu>).

Carla Romero on behalf of workshop organizers
Director of Programs
Computing Research Association
1100 17th St. NW, Suite 507
Washington, DC 20036