[TYPES/announce] PhD students and interns; game theoretic models for open systems

Andrzej Wąsowski wasowski at itu.dk
Fri Mar 27 16:49:46 EDT 2009

I am searching for PhD students and interns who would like to work with me at
IT University of Copenhagen, within the framework of the MT-LAB project
(www.mtlab.dk).  Thank you for spreading the news.  Andrzej

1. PhD student. Application deadline April 16.  Starting: summer 2009.

    Topic: quantitative game theoretic models and specifications for components
    (quantitative interface theories, modal transition system like models,
    reliability models, compositional reasoning, analysis and
    synthesis algorithms, behavioral type systems).

    An ideal applicant has background in concurrency theory and/or markovian
    models and/or model checking/verification.  This can be either a computer
    scientist, or a mathematician, who has interest in computation, algorithms,
    etc.

    The enrollment is at the IT University, affiliated with the MT-LAB project,
    in collaboration with Kim Larsen's group in Aalborg and Flemming Nielson's
    group in Lyngby.

    The formalities of applying are explained here:
    http://www1.itu.dk/sw65236.asp

    A bit about studying at ITU:
    http://www1.itu.dk/sw65235.asp

    If anybody considers applying, I recommend contacting me first.  You need
    to have at least 4 years of studies completed by summer, in order to apply
    now (so we are interested both in people with a bachelor, or with a Master,
    or soon before graduation).

2. I also search for an intern to spend about 2 month this summer in
    Copenhagen working on a selected topic from the above described area, also
    within MT-LAB.  An intern receives small financial support for the stay
    here.  The precise topic is up for negotiation: either on the theory side,
    or on the implementation/design side.

    Interested students should contact me directly.

    Note: only interns who already hold a BSc or a similar degree can be
    considered.

--
Andrzej Wąsowski, PhD, http://www.itu.dk/~wasowski/
Associate professor, head of MSc Programme on Software Development