[TYPES/announce] New submission date for WRS 2009 - Workshop on Reduction Strategies in Rewriting and Programming, Brasilia, 28 June

Maribel Fernandez Maribel.Fernandez at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 13:21:09 EDT 2009

Dear All,
The submission deadline for WRS 2009 (the 9th International Workshop
on Reduction Strategies in Rewriting and Programming) has been
extended until the 30th of April.
WRS welcomes submissions describing work involving strategies in
any area of Computer Science (for example, in programming, theorem
proving, formal methods in software engineering, security, etc).
WRS is an RDP workshop (part of the Federated Conference on
Rewriting, Deduction, and Programming) and takes place in
Brasilia, 28 June 2009.
The first call for papers, distributed through this mailing list, is below.
Thanks
Best regards
Maribel

>                           Call for Papers
>
>                              WRS 2009
>                     9th International Workshop on
>            Reduction Strategies in Rewriting and Programming
>            http://www.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/staff/maribel/wrs09.html
>                    28 June 2009, Brasilia, Brazil
>
>              An RDP 2009 workshop - Federated Conference on
>                 Rewriting, Deduction, and Programming
>

> This workshop promotes research and collaboration in the area of
> reduction strategies. It encourages the presentation of new
> directions, developments, and results as well as surveys and tutorials
> on existing knowledge in this area. Reduction strategies define which
> (sub)expression(s) should be selected for evaluation and which rule(s)
> should be applied. These choices affect fundamental properties of
> computations such as laziness, strictness, completeness, and
> efficiency amongst others. For this reason programming languages such
> as Elan, Maude, OBJ, and Stratego allow the explicit definition of the
> evaluation strategy, whereas languages such as Clean, Curry, and
> Haskell allow its modification. In addition to strategies in rewriting
> and programming, WRS 2009 also covers the use of strategies and
> tactics in other areas such as theorem and termination proving, security and software engineering.
> WRS 2009 will take place in Brasilia, as part of RDP, the
> Federated Conference on Rewriting, Deduction, and Programming.
> Previous editions of the workshop were held in Utrecht (2001),
> Copenhagen (2002), Valencia (2003), Aachen (2004), Nara (2005),
> Seattle (2006), Paris (2007), Hagenberg (2008).
>
> Submissions and Publication:
> Before the workshop, authors are invited to submit a five page
> abstract in pdf format, using the Easychair website
> https://www.easychair.org/login.cgi?conf=wrs09
> Accepted abstracts will be presented at the workshop and included in the preliminary proceedings, available at the workshop.
> After the workshop, authors will be invited to submit a paper based on
> their presentation, which will be refereed for inclusion in the final
> workshop proceedings. We plan to publish the final proceedings in EPTCS.
>
> We also invite authors to submit a 5 page abstract describing relevant
> work that has been or will be published elsewhere, or work in
> progress. These submissions will be only considered for presentation
> at the workshop and inclusion in the preliminary proceedings but not
> in the final proceedings.
>
> We envisage publication of a special issue of a journal dedicated to WRS after the event.
>
> Important Dates:
> # Submission: title and short abstract: 9 April 2009
>                full abstract: 19 April 2009

Extended until 30 April 2009.