[TYPES/announce] ESSLLI 2009 - Early registration deadline approaching

Richard Moot Richard.Moot at labri.fr
Tue Apr 21 08:15:08 EDT 2009

21st EUROPEAN SUMMER SCHOOL IN LOGIC, LANGUAGE AND INFORMATION

ESSLLI 2009

Bordeaux, July 20-31 2009

http://esslli2009.labri.fr/

The European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information (ESSLLI)
is organized every year by the Association for Logic, Language and
Information (FoLLI) in different sites around Europe. The main focus
of ESSLLI is on the interface between linguistics, logic and
computer science.

The 21st edition of ESSLLI will be held in the city center of Bordeaux,
France, wine capital of the world and a Unesco World Heritage site.

= Course Program =

ESSLLI gathers around 500 people from all over the world and offers a
total
of 48 courses and workshops, divided among foundational, introductory
and
advanced courses, and including a total of 6 workshops. The courses and
workshops cover a wide variety of topics within the three areas of
interest:
Language and Computation, Language and Logic, and Logic and Computation.

The full program can be found on our website.

http://esslli2009.labri.fr/programme.php

= Registration =

Registration for ESSLLI is open. Early registration rates are 225 euros
for students and 350 euros for others. Note that in order to benefit
from
the reduced early registration rate, *your payment has to reach us
before
the 1st of May 2009*.

The late registration registration rate is 350 euros
for students and 500 euros for others.

Early registration deadline: 1st of May 2009.

http://esslli2009.labri.fr/reg.php

= Accommodation =

During registration, ESSLLI participants can reserve student
accommodation:
simple but inexpensive rooms (12 euros a night) within easy reach by
tramway
of the ESSLLI lecture rooms. In addition, our website gives an
extensive list
of hotels in different price ranges.

http://esslli2009.labri.fr/accomodation.php

We look forward to seeing you in Bordeaux this summer!

On behalf of the ESSLLI organizing committee
Richard Moot