[TYPES/announce] EXPRESS'09: call for papers

Daniele Gorla gorla at di.uniroma1.it
Tue May 19 03:48:33 EDT 2009

Apologies for multiple copies....

          ---------------------------------------
         |   16th  International  Workshop  on   |
         |     Expressiveness in Concurrency     |
         |   NEW SCOPE * NEW SCOPE * NEW SCOPE   |
         |             (EXPRESS'09)              |
          ---------------------------------------
         |  September 5th, 2009, Bologna (Italy) |
         |       Affiliated to CONCUR 2009       |
          ---------------------------------------

SCOPE AND TOPICS:

The EXPRESS workshops aim at bringing together researchers
interested in the relations between various formal systems,
particularly in the field of Concurrency. Their focus has
traditionally been on the comparison between programming
concepts (such as concurrent, functional, imperative, logic
and object-oriented programming) and between mathematical
models of computation (such as process algebras, Petri nets,
event structures, modal logics, and rewrite systems) on the
basis of their relative expressive power.

The EXPRESS workshop series has run successfully since 1994
and over the years this focus has become broadly construed.
This year we wish to make this development "official" and
further widen the scope of EXPRESS. We are aiming to bring
together researchers who are interested in the expressiveness
and comparison of formal models that broadly relate to
concurrency. In particular, we wish to include emergent
computational paradigms such as quantum computing, biocomputing,
logic and interaction, game-theoretic models, and service-oriented
computing.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

Short papers (up to 5 pages, not included in the final proceedings)
and full papers (up to 15 pages) are accepted only in EPTCS-style.
Paper submission is performed through the EXPRESS'09 EASYCHAIR
server http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=express09.

The very best papers will be invited to a special issue of the
journal Mathematical Structures in Computer Science.

INVITED SPEAKERS:

Samson Abramsky, Oxford (UK)
Davide Sangiorgi, Bologna (I)

IMPORTANT DATES:

Abstract submission: *June 1st, 2009*
Paper submission: *June 7th, 2009*
Notification date: July 18th, 2009
Submission of preliminary version: July 23rd, 2009
Submission of final version for EPTCS: September 27th, 2009

WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS:

Sibylle Froeschle (Dep. fuer Informatik - Univ. Oldenburg, D)
Daniele Gorla (Dip. Informatica - "Sapienza" Univ. di Roma, IT)

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE:

Christel Baier, Dresden (D)
Johan van Benthem, Amsterdam (NL) and Stanford (USA)
Marco Carbone, Copenhagen (DK)
Luca Cardelli, Cambridge (UK)
Sibylle Froeschle (co-chair), Oldenburg (D)
Yuxi Fu, Shanghai (CN)
Simon Gay, Glasgow (UK)
Daniele Gorla (co-chair), Rome (IT)
Francois Laroussinie, Paris (F)