[TYPES/announce] SecCo'09 CFP

Steve Kremer kremer at lsv.ens-cachan.fr
Fri May 22 02:57:19 EDT 2009

        |              			                          |
        |            7th International Workshop on                |
        |          Security  Issues  in  Concurrency              |
        |                     (SecCo'09)                          |
        |     http://www.lsv.ens-cachan.fr/Events/SecCo09/        |
        |_________________________________________________________|
        |          September 5, 2009, Bologna (Italy)             |
        |              Affiliated to CONCUR 2009                  |
        |_________________________________________________________|

SCOPE AND TOPICS:

Emerging trends in concurrency theory require the definition of models
and languages adequate for the design and management of new classes of
applications, mainly to program either WANs (like Internet) or smaller
networks of mobile and portable devices (which support applications
based on a dynamically reconfigurable communication structure). Due to
the openness of these systems, new critical aspects come into play, such
as the need to deal with malicious components or with a hostile
environment. Current research on network security issues (e.g. secrecy,
authentication, etc.) usually focuses on opening cryptographic
point-to-point tunnels. Therefore, the proposed solutions in this area
are not always exploitable to support the end-to-end secure interaction
between entities whose availability or location is not known beforehand.

The aim of the workshop is to cover the gap between the security and the
concurrency communities. More precisely, the workshop promotes the
exchange of ideas, trying to focus on common interests and stimulating
discussions on central research questions. In particular, we look for
papers dealing with security issues -- such as authentication,
integrity, privacy, confidentiality, access control, denial of service,
service availability, safety aspects, fault tolerance, trust,
language-based security, probabilistic and information theoretic models
-- in emerging fields like web services, mobile ad-hoc networks,
agent-based infrastructures, peer-to-peer systems, context-aware
computing, global/ubiquitous/pervasive computing.

SecCo'08 follows the success of SecCo'03 (affiliated to ICALP'03),
SecCo'04 (affiliated to CONCUR'04), SecCo'05 (affiliated to
CONCUR'05), SecCo'07 (affiliated to CONCUR'07) and SecCo'08
(affiliated to CONCUR'08).

INVITED SPEAKER

- Riccardo Focardi (Universita Ca' Foscari, Italy)

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE:

    * Michele Boreale, co-chair (Università di Firenze, Italy)
    * Gerard Boudol (INRIA, Sophia-Antipolis, France)
    * Mads Dam (KTH, Sweden)
    * Anupam Datta (Carnegie  Mellon, USA)
    * Stephanie Delaune (LSV, ENS Cachan, France)
    * Joshua D. Guttman (MITRE Corporation, USA)
    * Steve Kremer, co-chair, (LSV, ENS Cachan, CNRS, INRIA, France)
    * Gavin Lowe (University of Oxford, UK)
    * Pasquale Malacaria (Queen Mary, London, UK)
    * Catuscia Palamidessi (INRIA Saclay and LIX , France)
    * Geoffrey Smith (Florida International University, USA)

IMPORTANT DATES:

    * Deadline for paper submission: June 1 2009
    * Notification: June 26 2009
    * Workshop: September 5 2009

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

The workshop proceedings will be published in the new EPTCS series
(Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science, see
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~rvg/EPTCS/); we thus encourage submissions
already in that format. Submissions may be of two kinds:

   * Short papers (not included in the proceedings): up to 5 pages;

   * Full papers: up to 15 pages (including bibliography).

Papers must be sumbitted electronically at the following URL:
     http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=secco09
Simultaneous submission to other conferences or journals is only allowed
for short papers. These are an opportunity to present innovative ideas
(without working out a full paper) and to get feedback from a
technically competent audience.

As done for the previous SecCo workshops, if the quality of the accepted
submissions warrants it, there will be a special issue of the Journal of
Computer Security devoted to selected papers from the workshop.