[TYPES/announce] Request for comments: Two-phase reviewing for POPL

Norman Ramsey nr at cs.tufts.edu
Tue Jan 12 20:03:11 EST 2010

 > Request for comments: Two-phase reviewing for POPL
interest.  I am afraid I am still having problems understanding what
the POPL Steering Committee believes will be improved:

 - Will a different set of papers be accepted?  Do we expect this will
   be a better set than is accepted by the current process?

 - Will reviews be improved?

The proposal seems quite costly, but I would not wish to comment on
the costs without better understanding the perceived benefits.
Could a member of the steering committee perhaps elaborate on what
problem or problems this proposal is intended to solve?

Norman