[TYPES/announce] Two phase reviewing for POPL; a response

Rod Moten rm27 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 14 11:43:23 EST 2010

I haven't been to a POPL conference in years, but shortening the
presentations to 10 minutes is a bad idea. You should give more time
instead of less. How long does it take to determine your findings that
you present at POPL? How many people did it take to determine those
findings? How much funding was needed? How valuable to the community are
the findings? I think the answers to these questions should determine
the selection process and the length of presentations. Just my $0.02.