[TYPES/announce] CfP: Midlands Graduate School in the Foundations of Computing Science

Mike Stannett m.stannett at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Thu Jan 21 15:22:54 EST 2010

                    Call for Participation

MIDLANDS GRADUATE SCHOOL IN THE FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTING SCIENCE

                           (MGS 2010)

               28.03.-01.04.2010, Sheffield, UK

          http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~georg/mgs.html

The MGS is the leading annual research training event in Theoretical
Computer Science in the UK. We are widely known for our courses on the
mathematical foundations of computing. Our main mission is advanced
research training for PhD students, but our school is open for anyone.
We have consistently been evaluated as excellent: All recent
participants would recommend the school to others. The MGS addresses
primarily PhD students in their first and second year. But we warmly
welcome postdoctoral researchers, academics or industrial
practitioners as well. Further information can be found at the MGS
2010 web site.

PROGRAMME: The MGS is an intensive one-week training event. We offer
nine courses with five hours of lectures plus exercise sessions.

      Invited Speaker:
        Lectures on Separation Logic
          Peter O'Hearn (Queen Mary, London)

      Introductory Courses:
        Category Theory
          Graham Hutton (Nottingham)
        Functional Programming
          Henrik Nilsson (Nottingham)
        Typed Lambda Calculi
          Eike Ritter (Birmingham)

     Advanced Courses:
        Domain Theory and Denotational Semantics
          Martín Escardó (Birmingham)
        Game Semantics and Applications
          Dan Ghica (Birmingham)
        Formal Languages and Group Theory
          Rick Thomas (Leicester)
        Protocol Verification
          Emilio Tuosto (Leicester)
        Quantum Topos Theory
          Steve Vickers (Birmingham)

VENUE: The MGS 2010 will be hosted at the University of Sheffield. B&B
accommodation is provided at the newly built Ranmoor Student
Village. Sheffield is centrally located in the UK and easy to reach by
train, air or car. Travel advice and general information for visitors
can be found at the MGS 2010 web site.

REGISTRATION:

      Registration fee: £350 (incl accommodation)
      Registration deadline: 01.03.2010.

Instructions on how to register can be found at the MGS 2010 web site.

FURTHER INFORMATION:   http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~georg/mgs.html