[TYPES/announce] LECTURESHIPS IN (THEORETICAL) COMPUTER SCIENCE

Roy Crole rlc3 at mcs.le.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 03:50:28 EST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I would be grateful if you could forward the lectureship advertisement
below around your Department and to interested colleagues.

Best Regards,

Roy Crole.

=======
*

Lecturer in Computer Science (3 Posts)
*
*
Department of Computer Science*
*
*
*University of Leicester*
*
*
*http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/*
*
*
Salary Grade 8 - £35,646 to £43,840 pa

Ref: SEN00056

The University of Leicester has an international reputation for its
research and teaching.  In order to build further on the
recent successes of the Department of Computer Science, the University
is making a strategic investment by creating three new lectureships in
computer science.

The successful candidates will have a strong research record, with a
background in the theoretical foundations of computer science, and will
be able to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and
supervision of mainstream projects in a broad range of topics.

We are keen to make appointments that will contribute to our research
excellence in either the foundations of computational models, processes
or structures, or the way they support the engineering of
software-intensive systems, including socio-technical systems.  Ability
to teach software re-engineering, software measurement and quality, or
web technologies would be desirable.  Ability to attract funding
or engage with industry are other aspects that we will rate very highly.

*Important dates*

Closing date for applications: April 9th

Invitations for the interview: after April 19th

Interview: May 17th, 18th and 19th

Start date: September 1st (or as close as possible)

*Other information*

A lecturer position in the UK is similar to an assistant professorship
in the North-American system.

Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to José Fiadeiro on
jose at mcs.le.ac.uk <mailto:jose at mcs.le.ac.uk>

For further information and to apply on-line, please visit our
website: http://www2.le.ac.uk/jobs

Candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted by the
University.  If you do not receive a communication from the University
within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application
has been unsuccessful.

*
*
*