[TYPES/announce] 2nd Scottish Category Theory Seminar

Alex Simpson Alex.Simpson at ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 13 09:29:08 EDT 2010

Talks on topics related to types would be very welcome at the
seminar announced below.
---

*** Scottish Category Theory Seminar
*** Second Meeting
*** Friday 21st May 2010, 2-5.30pm
*** University of Edinburgh, Scotland
*** http://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/~ng/sct.html

We are pleased to announce the second meeting of the Scottish Category
Theory Seminar, which is a forum for discussion of all aspects of
category theory, be they straight category theory or applications to
computer science or physics etc. We request offers for contributed
talks at this meeting. Meetings are open, and all are welcome to attend.

The second meeting will take place on Friday 21st May at the
Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh from 2-5.30pm.
Refreshments will be available from 1pm.

As at the first meeting, there will be two 1-hour invited talks.

We also invite offers for two contributed half-hour talks. We intend
the meeting to be attractive to mathematicians, computer scientists and
physicists working in topics related to category theory. Accordingly,
offers of talks that would interest a broad audience are particularly
encouraged. Straight category theory talks, and talks on applications
of category theory are also welcome.

Please send offers of talks, preferably accompanied by a title and short
abstract, to scotcats at cis.strath.ac.uk, by Friday 23rd April.

We aim to have the final programme decided by Friday 30th April.

This meeting will receive financial support from the Edinburgh
Mathematical Society.

More details can be found at

      http://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/~ng/sct.html

If you would like more information about the Scottish Category Theory
Seminar, please email scotcats at cis.strath.ac.uk

Scottish Category Theory Seminar organisers:

Neil Ghani
Tom Leinster
Alex Simpson

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.