[TYPES/announce] Foundation Sciences Mathematiques de Paris: post-doc and post-graduate programs

Thomas Ehrhard thomas.ehrhard at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Nov 21 10:55:17 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,

The Foundation Sciences Mathematiques de Paris

www.sciencesmaths-paris.fr <http://www.sciencesmaths-paris.fr>

that covers all fields of mathematics as well as (theoretical) computer
science, has opened its 2011 programs, including a (1 year or 2 years)
postdoc program, and a post-graduate education program.

POSTDOC PROGRAMME:  Applications that are particularly suited for one of
the three computer science research labs of the Foundation:

LIAFA and PPS, at university Paris 7 - Paris Diderot:
www.liafa.jussieu.fr and www.pps.jussieu.fr
DI - LIENS at Ecole Normale Supérieure: www.di.ens.fr

or/and for one of the research teams of INRIA Rocquencourt associated
with the Foundation are welcome. The deadline for postdoc applications is

**** December 14, 2010 ****

The application procedure is as indicated on the website of the
Foundation (English version available).  But I can only highly recommend
that potential candidates take prior contacts with a member of the
hosting laboratory or team. Only candidates with a clear research fit,
and a high research profile may have a chance to win this tough
competition, given its broad scope!

Don't hesitate to contact me or one of my colleages in Paris 7
University and Ecole Normale Superieure for further details or advice.

POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMME.

The students who will be selected under this programme will be enrolled
in the wide and already well-established Master Parisien de Recherche in
Informatique (some courses are offered in English), or in the Computer
Science curriculum of the ENS:

http://mpri.master.univ-paris7.fr/

http://predoc.di.ens.fr/

The deadline for postgraduate  applications is (also)

**** December 14, 2010 ****

If you wish to recommend a particularly good and motivated student, we
recommend that you contact a close colleague working in one of the labs
and teams of the Foundation.

Best regards,

Thomas Ehrhard, PPS