[TYPES/announce] PhD opportunities in Computer Science at Bath

Guy McCusker G.A.McCusker at bath.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 06:46:50 EST 2010

** PhD studies in Logic and Semantics of Computation at Bath ***

**** Apply by January 18th 2011 to be considered for University Research Studentships ****

Applications are invited for PhD study in the Logic and Semantics of
Computation research group at the University of Bath.

Our staff include Alessio Guglielmi, Jim Laird, Guy McCusker and John Power.
We welcome students interested in logic and proof theory, semantics of
programming languages and proof systems, and category theory.

The research publications of the Department of Computer Science at
Bath were ranked 3rd in the UK at the 2008 Research Assessment
Exercise. The department's other research interests include computer
algebra, computational geometry, logic programming, computer vision
and graphics, artificial intelligence, agents, and human-computer
interaction.

A wide range of funding opportunities, including full stipendiary
studentships as well as scholarships and fee-waivers, is available,
for studies commencing in October 2011. Every application will be
considered competitively for all eligible funding sources. The sooner you apply, the
more opportunities are available.

Applications received by January 18th 2011 will be considered for University Research
Studentships, which pay the cost of EU-rate fees and a stipend.

Please direct informal enquiries to G.A.McCusker at bath.ac.uk or visit

http://www.bath.ac.uk/comp-sci/pgr/phd/

for application details

-----