[TYPES/announce] ASPLOS 2011 Student Travel Grants Deadline is January 26.

Soner Onder soner at mtu.edu
Fri Jan 21 08:31:23 EST 2011

*** Our apologies if you receive this announcement from multiple sources
***

=========================
ASPLOS 2011 Travel Grants
=========================
Funded by: NSF, SIGARCH, SIGOPS, SIGPLAN, & Google.

ASPLOS will offer travel grants for students to attend the conference,
in addition to reduced
student registration fees. Travel grants will also be made available to
junior faculty members,
under-represented minorities, and faculty members from non-Ph.D.
granting colleges. The size and
number of these grants will vary depending on funding availability and
the number of applications
that we receive. Expenses will be reimbursed after the conference; grant
recipients will be asked to
submit original receipts.

While we encourage all in need of a travel grant to apply, priority will
be given to paper and
poster presenters, co-authors, and under-represented minorities
(including women and undergraduate
students interested in research).

To apply for a travel grant from ASPLOS, please complete the following
steps:

* Complete the application form
(http://asplos11.cs.ucr.edu/travel_grant_application_form.doc).

* Applicants, compose an email to asplos2011travel at gmail dot com. For
your subject line, please use "Travel Grant Application for
<Your-Last-Name, Your-First-Name>".

* In the body of your email, please briefly describe your reasons for
attending ASPLOS and your research interests.

* Attach a current resume and the completed application form.

Student applicants also need to ask their advisor to send an e-mail to
asplos2011travel at gmail dot
com with the subject line "Student Travel Status Confirmation for <Your
Last Name, Your First
Name>", stating that you are a full time student pursuing an MS/Ph.D. or
undergraduate research in
the areas covered by ASPLOS.

Travel grant applications must be received by January 26th, 2011. For
students, the confirmation
email from their advisor needs to be received by that date also. Because
of the large number of
applications we expect to receive, we will not solicit these letters
from your advisors - it is your
responsibility to ensure that your advisor sends the email before the
deadline.

We will acknowledge receipt of your application within a week of
receipt. If you do not receive such
an acknowledgement, please resend. If you still don't receive an
acknowledge mail, please call the
Travel Chair, Philip Brisk, at +1 (951) 827-2030.

We will do our best to notify you about the status of your application
by January 30th, which is 3
days before the conference early registration deadline. Note that award
decisions will be made based
on funding availability. Note also that some awards may be made only
after the conference.

Please contact Philip Brisk for information.

Funding for ASPLOS travel grants has been generously provided by the
NSF, the SIGARCH, the SIGOPS,
and the ACM SIGPLAN Professional Activities Committee (PAC).