[TYPES/announce] Lectureship in Computer Science, University of Leicester, UK

Roy Crole rlc3 at mcs.le.ac.uk
Wed May 11 05:31:05 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I would be grateful if you could forward the lectureship advertisement
below to your Department and to interested colleagues.

Best Regards,

Roy Crole.

*

Lecturer in Computer Science
*
*
Department of Computer Science*
*
*
*University of Leicester*
*
*
*http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/*
*
*
Salary Grade 8  ---  £35,788 to £44,016 per annum

Ref: SEN00185

At Leicester we're going places.  Ranked in the top 12 universities in
Britain our aim is to climb further.  A  commitment to high quality
fused with an inclusive  academic culture is our hallmark and led the
Times Higher Education to describe us as "elite without being elitist".

The  Department has a strong research program in the foundations of
computational models, processes and structures, and the way they support
the engineering of software-intensive systems, including
socio- -technical systems.   The  successful candidate will have a
strong or promising research record in computer  science that is
 aligned with or complements the department's research themes, and will
be able to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and
supervision in software  engineering.  Ability to attract funding or
engage with industry are other aspects that we will rate very highly.

*
*
*Important dates*

Closing date for applications: June 5th

Interview: June 30 and July 1

Start date: September 1st (or as close as possible)

*Other information*

A lecturer position in the UK is similar to an assistant professorship
in the North-American system.

Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to the Head of
Department on cshod at mcs.le.ac.uk <mailto:cshod at mcs.le.ac.uk>.

For further information and to apply on-line, please visit our
website: _www.le.ac.uk/joinus <http://www.le.ac.uk/joinus> _

Candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted by the
University.  If you do not receive a communication from the University
within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application
has been unsuccessful.

--

Dr R. L. Crole

Department of Computer Science
University Road
University of Leicester
Leicester LE1 7RH
United Kingdom

Tel +44 (0)116 252 3887
Fax +44 (0)116 252 3915
http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/people/rcrole

Times Higher Education University of the Year 2008/9
Times Higher Education Awards: Outstanding Support for Students 2009/10