[TYPES/announce] Lectureship at Queen Mary, Univ of London

Peter O'Hearn Peter.OHearn at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Fri May 20 10:13:24 EDT 2011

-----------
Lectureship in Computer Science, with focus on Logic, Verification,
Program Analysis...
-----------

Queen Mary, University of London is looking to appoint a full time
permanent Lecturer in the School of Electronic Engineering and
Computer Science. This lectureship is to strengthen the School's work
in the broad area of mathematical logic and program verification and
analysis. We are particularly looking for applicants that complement
our existing strengths in separation logic, shape analysis and
liveness analysis. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to,
probabilistic verification, verification for dynamical systems,
concurrency, automata, abstract interpretation, theorem proving and
constraint solving.

The successful applicant will work in the Theoretical Computer Science
group headed by Professor Peter O'Hearn. This group includes a range
of academics whose work relates to logic and program verification,
underpinned by research funding of over £8m. The group maintains
strong links with Imperial College London, University of Oxford and
Microsoft Research Cambridge. See
   http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/research/logic/QM-EECS-TCS/Welcome.html
for more information on our research.

The closing date for applications is 20th June 2011. Salary will be in
the range of £37,669 - £46,938 per annum. More details on the post and
the application procedure may be found on
   http://webapps.qmul.ac.uk/hr/vacancies/jobs.php?id=2378