[TYPES/announce] 2 faculty positions at University of Minnesota

Eric Van Wyk evw at cs.umn.edu
Fri Dec 23 15:11:48 EST 2011

The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University
of Minnesota – Twin Cities invites applications from outstanding
candidates in all areas of Computer Science for two faculty positions
at the rank of Assistant Professor, although exceptional candidates
for more senior positions will be considered. We strongly encourage
applications from women and members of minority groups. For one of the
positions, we are particularly interested in candidates who can apply
their research to address the myriad challenges of "Big Data". These
challenges span a broad range of computer science topics and methods,
such as: theoretical foundations and algorithms for high dimensional
data and data streams; architecture, storage, data management,
systems, and networking; security and privacy; knowledge discovery;
visualization and social computing.

A complete description of the positions is available here:
http://www.cs.umn.edu/resources/employment/faculty.php

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Eric

~ Eric Van Wyk, Associate Professor
~ Department of Computer Science and Engineering
~ Universtiy of Minnesota
~ evw at cs.umn.edu, www.cs.umn.edu/~evw
~ +1 612 625 0329