[TYPES/announce] 2nd International PhD School on Quantitative Model Checking

Andrzej Wąsowski wasowski at itu.dk
Tue Jan 10 05:08:23 EST 2012

Second Call for Participation:
2nd International PhD School on Quantitative Model Checking
Copenhagen 27 Feb - 1 Mar

http://itu.dk/qmc2012/
Registration Deadline: February 5th, 2012

This is the second call for participation in the 2nd International PhD
school on Quantitative Model Checking organized by the European Network
of Excellence ARTIST Design and MT-LAB Centre of Excellence.  Please
distribute to interested parties.

The European Network of Excellence ARTIST Design is organizing a PhD
school on Quantitative Model Checking to take place at IT University of
Copenhagen from 27 February to 1 March 2012.

The School will feature lectures by world-renowned experts within the
areas of discrete, real-time and probabilistic model checking.  As of
today, the list of confirmed speakers is as follows:

Jan Tretmans - model-based testing
Wolfgang Thomas - games in model checking
Javier Esparza - verification of infinite state systems
Patrice Godefroid - software model checking
Holger Hermans - compositional stochastic modeling and verification
Axel Legay - statistical model checking
Joel Ouaknine - metric temporal logics
Andrzej Wasowski - compositional design & verification of real time systems

PhD students and others interested in this school can pre-register by
sending an e-mail to Louis-Marie Traonouez (lmtr at itu.dk).  This will
help us in planning the budget.  Formal registration should be available
soon. The number of seats is limited.

Registration cost: 1200 DKK

There will be a fee for participating in the PhD school to cover some of
our expenses; the precise amount will be announced once our budget is in
place.  We may also have a small number of scholarships available to
support PhD students without or with only limited funding.

Kim G. Larsen
Axel Legay
Andrzej Wasowski

--
Andrzej Wąsowski, PhD, http://www.itu.dk/~wasowski/
Associate prof., head of MSc Programme on Software Development