[TYPES/announce] ITP 2013: final call for bids

Lennart Beringer eberinge at cs.princeton.edu
Mon Feb 20 15:08:28 EST 2012

As chairs of ITP 2012, it is our pleasure to initiate the process of
selecting a host for ITP 2013, the Fourth International Conference on
Interactive Theorem Proving.

As in previous years, the procedure consists of two phases:
solicitation of bids and voting. This message concerns the first
phase. A long-standing ITP/TPHOLs convention is that the conference
should be held in a continent different from the location of the
previous meeting. For 2013, we therefore solicit bids from prospective
hosts located outside North America. Similar to previous years, we
expect bids to propose a date in July, August or September.

Bids should be sent to itp2012 at easychair.org and should include at least
the following pieces of information:

- name and email address of a contact person
- names of other people involved
- address of website for the bid
- approximate dates of the conference
- structure (e.g., k workshop days and n days of presentations followed
  by excursion...)
- advantages of the proposed venue

Example of previous winning bids are here:

http://itp2011.cs.ru.nl/ITP2011/Bid_ITP11.html
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~appel/itp2012/bid.html

Deadline for all bids is Monday, 27 February 2012. Shortly after that,
all admitted bids will be made public and the voting phase will take
place.  The people eligible to vote are those who are seriously
thinking of attending ITP 2013. The voting system used will be Single
Transferable Vote between all received bids.

Andrew Appel
Lennart Beringer
Amy Felty