[TYPES/announce] University of Bath Prize Fellow - 21/5 deadline approaching

Alessio Guglielmi web.alessio.guglielmi at gmail.com
Thu May 10 05:10:16 EDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to advertise the following positions
at the University of Bath. In particular we are
looking for applicants in the area `Software
verification and correctness´.

Ciao,

-Alessio

Software verification and correctness

We aim to build on the existing strengths within
the Mathematical Foundations group in the
Department of Computer Science. The group
comprises Prof Guy McCusker and Dr Jim Laird
(semantics), Dr Alessio Guglielmi (proof theory),
Dr John Power (category theory) and Prof James
Davenport (computer algebra).

We seek to strengthen its activities via the
appointment of a Prize Fellow in software
verification & correctness, to be understood
broadly, to complement existing expertise; it
would also be desirable to strengthen connections
with other groups in the department, particularly
with Dr Marina De Vos and Dr Julian Padget in the
Intelligent Systems group. The Fellow would be
coming into a well-resourced, lively group that
runs a weekly seminar series, which once a month
is jointly held with Swansea's Proofs, Complexity
and Verification seminar.

The Math Foundations group belongs to the Wessex
Theory Seminar, comprising the Computer Science
Departments of Bath, Oxford, Southampton,
Cambridge, Imperial College, Queen Mary, Sussex
and Swansea. The group has a good track record of
nurturing early career researchers.

For informal inquiries contact Prof Guy McCusker: G.A.McCusker AT bath.ac.uk

Prize Fellow - Department of Computer Science
Salary:   Starting from £37,012, rising to £44,166
Closing Date:   Monday 21 May 2012
Interview Date:   See advert
Reference:  JK1000

To further enhance our academic base, we are
making a strategic investment in recruiting
University of Bath Prize Fellows across all
disciplines.

This is an opportunity for outstanding
post-doctoral researchers to develop their
academic career in a supportive and
well-resourced research environment.

In the Faculty of Science we will appoint a total
of six Fellows to further strengthen and develop
areas of existing research excellence.

In the Department of Computer Science we invite applications in the areas of:

* Machine Learning
* Software Verification and Correctness
* Modelling Behaviour Transmission

Details of these priority areas and the
Faculty-wide appointment process can be found
here:
<http://www.bath.ac.uk/science/prize-fellows>.

The Fellows will be expected to pursue an
independent programme of research, including
publishing in top quality journals and securing
external research grants.

The initial appointment will be to a fixed-term
Research Fellow post with the expectation of
transfer to a permanent lectureship at the end of
year two, or exceptionally at the end of year
three.

Applicants should upload a CV and a 2-page
outline of their research plans over the next 3-5
years, showing how these complement and enhance
existing research within the relevant priority
area.

Interviews will take place on Friday 29th June or Monday 2nd July 2012.