[TYPES/announce] Career opportunities at BBN -- quantum computer science

Richard Lazarus rlazarus at bbn.com
Tue Feb 5 10:15:32 EST 2013

At BBN, we have job opportunities in quantum computer science related to
language system development and information theory. Depending on the
candidate's skill mix, they would have opportunities to work on quantum
programming languages and tools as well as make information theory
contributions to other research projects. We would also consider funding
post-docs who would have an interest in a BBN position in the future.

BBN is seeking candidates with interest and expertise in language
systems and quantum information science. We are conducting research in
the area of quantum programming languages, quantum compilers and circuit
optimization, and quantum algorithms and error correction. This work
focuses on designing a high-level programming language to describe
quantum algorithms (both quantum and classical), and this language would
have to be "quantum safe," in the sense that it should not allow for any
non-physical quantum operations to be described. This work could include
implementing compiler operations such as symbolic optimization of the
algorithm implementation, synthesis to quantum circuits, and aids to
support the programmer. In addition, the candidate would preferably have
interest and expertise in one or more other quantum information theory
topics – including quantum algorithms, error correction, communications,
and optics – or in other exotic language/compiler systems such as those
for synthetic biology. The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial
group exploiting quantum phenomena to advance computation,
communications and sensing and have an opportunity to support a variety
of experimental and theoretical projects. Our recent publications
(www.bbn.com/technology/quantum/pubs) provide an indication of the
impact of our work on the field of quantum information science.

One can view the full position description here:
http://careers.bbn.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=715&ji=2645162&sn=I

--
Richard Lazarus
Quantum Information Processing Group