[TYPES/announce] Workshop on Natural Language and Computer Science (NLCS '13)

Valeria de Paiva valeria.depaiva at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 09:51:59 EST 2013

Workshop on Natural Language and Computer Science  (NLCS '13)
http://www.indiana.edu/~iulg/nlcs.html

A workshop to be held at LiCS'13: June 28, 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana

Endorsed by the Association for Computational Linguistics Special Interest
Group on Computational Semantics.

AIMS AND SCOPE

Formal tools coming from logic and category theory are important in both
natural language semantics and in
computational semantics. Moreover, work on these tools borrows heavily from
all areas of theoretical computer
science. In the other direction, applications having to do with natural
language has inspired developments on
the formal side. The workshop invites papers on both topics. Specific
topics include, but are not limited to:

 * logic for semantics of lexical items, sentences, discourse and dialog
 * continuations in natural language semantics
 * formal tools in textual inference, such as logics for natural language
inference
 * applications of category theory in semantics
 * linear logic in semantics
 * formal approaches to unifying data-driven and declarative approaches to
semantics

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper submission: May 1, 2013
Notification: May 15, 2013
Workshop Date:  28 June 2013
Possible Extension to:  29 June 2013
LICS'13 Dates: 25-28 June 2013

INVITED SPEAKERS

Ian Pratt-Hartmann, University of Manchester, UK.
Wlodek Zadrozny, UNC, Charlotte, North Carolina.

LENGTH OF THE WORKSHOP

We plan for a one-day workshop, but with sufficient interest we have the
option to extend the
workshop to a second day.

SUBMISSIONS

Please submit extended abstracts of up to 15 pages using EasyChair:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nlcs13

ORGANIZERS

Valeria de Paiva, Nuance Communications
Larry Moss, Indiana University

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Valeria de Paiva, Nuance
Bill MacCartney, Google and Stanford University
Larry Moss, Indiana University
Annie Zaenen, Stanford University

--
Valeria de Paiva