[TYPES/announce] Call for Participation to ECOOP 2013

Chouki TIBERMACINE Chouki.Tibermacine at lirmm.fr
Wed May 15 14:50:12 EDT 2013

Call for Participation

27th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP 2013)

1-5 July, Montpellier, France

http://www.lirmm.fr/ecoop13/

Early registration: Until 31 May 2013

The European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP) is the
premium
international conference covering all areas of object technology and related
software development technologies.

The 2013 edition will take place on 1-5 July in Montpellier, France,
organized
by the LIRMM (Laboratory of Informatics, Robotics, and Micro-electronics of
Montpellier, CNRS and Université Montpellier 2).

This year ECOOP is co-located with the ECMFA and ECSA conferences, and
several
satellite events including Workshops, ECOOP Summer School, Tutorials,
Posters,
Demos, Research Project Symposium, and Doctoral Symposium.

The program will include also three keynote talks:

- Pat Hanrahan, Stanford University,
"Co-Specialization of Hardware and Software"

- Oscar Nierstrasz, University of Bern,
"I Object, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love OOP"

- Matthew Parkinson, Microsoft Research Cambridge,
"Views on Concurrency Verification"

See the website for more details.

Finally, notice that on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th July 2013, Montpellier
will host the 100th edition of the bicycle race “Le Tour de France”, one of
the most prestigious cycling events in the world. This major sporting event
will attract thousands of visitors. Therefore we recommend that participants
register to the conference and reserve their accommodations as soon as
possible.