[TYPES/announce] Announcement of a professor position in software security at KU Leuven
Frank.Piessens at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Jul 3 05:35:21 EDT 2013
[The position below is not specifically targeted to type theorists, but
candidates with experience in type systems for security are very welcome
to apply! -- Frank ]
Announcement of a professor position in software security at KU Leuven
In the research group DistriNet, Department of Computer Science, KU
Leuven (Leuven, Belgium), there is a full-time academic vacancy in the
area of software security.
Depending on record and qualifications, the successful candidate will
be offered a tenured or tenure-track professor position.
The research group DistriNet (https://distrinet.cs.kuleuven.be/) has a
strong track record in the area of software security, with both top-tier
academic publications as well as a strong tradition of collaboration
with local and international industry partners.
We are looking for excellent candidates with expertise in software
- at the programming/code level: software vulnerabilities and the
development of countermeasures for such vulnerabilities, for example
in web applications, mobile applications and in cloud computing
- in light of the software engineering process for secure software:
requirements engineering, software architecture and modeling for
security, security testing of software;
- at the level of system software: security aspects of middleware,
virtualization, operating systems, cloud systems and mobile or
- the modeling and enforcement of security policies, including
access control, information flow and availability policies;
- formal methods, verification of security properties in software
and language-based security;
- quantitative, statistical and empirical methods for security
- the application of security solutions in the context of
cyber-security and cybercrime.
The official announcement of the position is available at:
The deadline for applications is August 25, 2013.
More information about the Types-announce