[TYPES/announce] POPL'14: Call for posters

Viktor Vafeiadis viktor at mpi-sws.org
Wed Nov 6 02:53:21 EST 2013

*** Student Poster Session at POPL'14 ***

In a departure from the student lightning talks of the last few
years, POPL'14 will have a student poster session in conjunction
with the main reception. All students attending POPL are strongly
encouraged to participate, and our goal is to allow as many
students as possible to present themselves and their work to the
community.

Suitable topics are descriptions of work in progress, thesis
projects, honours projects and relevant research being or to be
published elsewhere.

This is not a competition, but an opportunity to get feedback and
suggestions from world-class researchers and also to market
yourself as a future PhD student, postdoc, faculty member, etc.
Submission instructions are found here:

   http://wrigstad.com/popl14/

The submission includes a draft poster (alternatively a 2-page
extended abstract), and a letter of support from your adviser.

Acceptance Criteria

We strive to give as many students as possible a chance to present
posters at POPL'14. If we cannot make space for all interested
participants due to space or time constraints, we will primarily
use seniority criteria rather than quality judgements to make
decision about participation, and favour students not already
presenting at POPL'14 or a co-located event over those who are.

Important Dates:

- Poster draft submission deadline: 30/11 anywhere in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth)
- Notification of acceptance: 4/12
- Final poster submission: 10/1