[TYPES/announce] Workshop on PL Technology for Education

Armando Solar-Lezama asolar at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 7 17:56:28 EST 2014

Call for Talk Proposals for Second Workshop on

Programming Languages Technology for Massive Open Online Courses

PLOOC 2014

Co-Located with PLDI 2014 Edinburgh UK 9-11 June

http://people.csail.mit.edu/asolar/plooc2014/

Massive open online courses present a broad set of challenges ranging
from automated grading and feedback, automatic problem generation,
plagiarism detection, as well as new issues such as how to enhance
collaboration and peer tutoring across the web. The goal of this workshop
is to explore how formal methods technologies related to specification,
verification, and synthesis can be applied to solve some of these problems
in the context of MOOCS, and how these technologies can be leveraged
and enhanced in the traditional classroom. We are interested in application
of these technologies to a wide variety of subject domains including
programming, logic, automata theory, math, and science.

We are now accepting 1-page proposals for 30-minute talks presenting
relevant work in this area. The proposal should include a brief summary of
the proposed talk and any relevant references (those can be in a separate
page). The deadline for submissions is March 26.

For more information, including submission instructions,
visit the workshop page:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/asolar/plooc2014/

Co-orgainizers

Armando Solar-Lezama and Swarat Chaudhuri