[TYPES/announce] Five Lecturer and Professor Vacancies at Kazakh-British Technical University

Ross Horne ross.horne at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:13:31 EDT 2014

Kazakh-British Technical University in Almaty, Kazakhstan has openings in
the Faculty of Information Technology. We have five vacancies at the levels
of lecturer, assistant professor, associate professor, and full professor.

Salaries are at scales competitive with European and American universities.

The first closing date for applications is 11 May 2014. A second round will
also be conducted in August 2014.

Applications are welcome from individuals who can demonstrate excellence in
research and innovative teaching. Applicants must be able to contribute to
developing our research culture and to expanding our curriculum of
undergraduate modules covering a range of topics in computer science,
electrical engineering and information technology. There are also
opportunities to develop our graduate school.

Research interests in the faculty include Type Systems and Verification, Model
Driven Architecture, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and
Automation and Control.

Please send you CV and other enquiries to Dr. Akzhalova
assel.akzhalova at gmail.com and Prof. Timur Umarov tim.umarov at kbtu.kz.

Note that Kazakh-British Technical University is a young university. We are
ready to employ people who have recently completed their PhD. These post
may also be of interest to experienced academics who would like to use
their experience to build a new department in a rapidly developing region.