[TYPES/announce] FWD: seeking nominations for the John C Reynolds Doctoral Dissertation Award

Dimitrios Vytiniotis dimitris at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 25 19:47:27 EST 2014

Please find below a message on behalf of Sophia Drossopoulou and Susan Eisenbach.

Dear all,

If you have a student who has completed an outstanding programming language PhD thesis in the academic year 2014, can I recommend that the student be proposed for consideration for SIGPLAN's best PhD award the John C Reynolds Doctoral Dissertation Award http://www.sigplan.org/Awards/Dissertation/? Having chaired several hiring committees, I have repeatedly observed that winning, and even having been nominated for such prizes, makes the potential candidate stand out.

Best wishes,
Susan
--
Professor Susan Eisenbach