[TYPES/announce] postdoctoral positions at U. Western Ontario

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Mon Dec 15 10:20:33 EST 2014

[Please forward as appropriate.]

UWO plans to hire several postdocs to start in 2015, with an
application deadline of January 5.  I have included the ad below.

Applicants in homotopy type theory, univalent foundations, higher
category theory, homotopy theory and other areas represented in the
department would be particularly welcome.

Our department has a very active postdoctoral program.  There are
currently 12 postdoctoral fellows, many of whom will be continuing
next year, so there will be a lot going on.  We also have a busy
seminar schedule with many visitors.  More information about the
department is available at  http://www.math.uwo.ca/

The positions have a reduced teaching load of just two half-courses.
A "half-course" is a 13-week course meeting for 3 or 4 hours each week.
Note also that the cost of living in London is quite low.

Feel free to direct any questions to either Rick Jardine or myself.

-------------

The University of Western Ontario Department of Mathematics

Postdoctoral Fellowships

The Department of Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario has
three postdoctoral positions available, in any area of Mathematics
that is represented within the Department.

Each position has a two-year term with a flexible start date of July 1,
2015.  The salary will be $44,000 CDN per year, plus a tax-free research
fund of $1,500 per year.  The positions will involve teaching two
half-courses per year, in addition to research.  Candidates should
have completed a Ph.D. in July 2012 or later.  The filling of these
positions is subject to budgetary considerations.

All applications should include a curriculum vita, a research
statement, and at least three letters of reference.  At least one
letter of reference should comment on the teaching abilities of the
applicant.

Applications should be received by January 5, 2015.  Screening of
applications will commence on that date, and will continue until all
positions are filled.

Candidates are encouraged to apply electronically at:

  https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/6771

Applications may instead be mailed to:

Professor J.F. Jardine, Chair
Department of Mathematics