[TYPES/announce] PhD position available

Alex Simpson Alex.Simpson at fmf.uni-lj.si
Mon Apr 20 07:19:39 EDT 2015

I am pleased to announce the following PhD position in a types-related
area.

---

A position is available for a PhD student at the University of Ljubljana
in the general research area of modelling and reasoning about
computational effects. The precise topic is flexible, and will be
decided in combination with the student. The PhD will be supervised by
Alex Simpson who is Professor of Computer Science at the Faculty of
Mathematics and Physics: http://www.fmf.uni-lj.si/si/imenik/32646/

The position will be funded by the EffMath project (see
http://math.andrej.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/description.pdf). Full
tuition & stipend will be provided.

Applicants should have a master's (or equivalent) degree in either
mathematics or computer science, and possess some background knowledge
relevant to the project area. No knowledge of the Slovene language is
required.

The student will officially enrol in October 2015 at the University of
Ljubljana, which is the largest university in Slovenia. There is an
active research group in foundations of computer science at the Faculty
of Mathematics and Physics, which includes Andrej Bauer, Matija Pretnar,
Alex Simpson and a number of PhD students.

As a city, Ljubljana is a beautiful and lively cultural centre, and
Slovenia is a welcoming and picturesque country.

Interested candidates should contact me by email
(Alex.Simpson at fmf.uni-lj.si) as soon as possible. Please include a short
CV and a statement of interest.

Thanks,
Alex