[TYPES/announce] Workshop on Efficient and Natural Proof Systems: 14-16 December, Bath.

lutz at lix.polytechnique.fr lutz at lix.polytechnique.fr
Wed Nov 25 04:48:16 EST 2015

2nd AND FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Workshop on EFFICIENT AND NATURAL PROOF SYSTEMS
University of Bath
14-16 December, 2015

The Mathematical Foundations group at the Department of Computer
Science, University of Bath, will host a 2.5-day workshop on
structural proof theory, starting in the afternoon of 14 December.

The workshop will focus on the various aspects of structural proof
theory, including but not limited to the following topics:

- deep inference proof theory
- algebraic, combinatorial and geometric representations of proofs
- proof compression
- normalisation of proofs
- proof checking
- proof search
- complexity of proofs
- computational interpretations of proofs

PROGRAMME

Both the programme and the current list of participants can be found here:

<http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/ag/ENPS/wenps2015.html>

PARTICIPATION

There is no fee or formal registration for the workshop and anyone is
welcome to attend. However, at this stage, we ask that anyone who
intends to attend (and hasn't contacted us already) informs us as
soon as possible (deadline was 20 November), so that we may
accordingly plan the local organisation.

Enquiries can be sent to <wenps2015 at easychair.org> or to the Bath's
organisers.

COURSE ON DEEP INFERENCE

*Change of time*: 14 December 11:00 to 13:00.

(Due to the high quality and number of contributions received by the
committee, we have decided to replace the previously advertised course
on deep inference by an abridged version preceding the workshop.)

Deep inference is a modern proof theory offering a better
understanding of proofs and extending the range of applications of
traditional Gentzen proof theory. This course will offer a brief
introduction to deep inference.

CHILDCARE

The Department of Computer Science and the University of Bath are
committed to a supportive and inclusive working environment. Childcare
will be provided to workshop participants and their children if
required. If you need this service, please contact us as
soon as possible at <wenps2015 at easychair.org>.

ORGANISING AND PROGRAMME COMMITTEE

Paola Bruscoli (Bath)
Anupam Das (ENS Lyon)
Willem Heijltjes (Bath)
Lutz Strassburger (Inria)

FUNDING

EPSRC Project EP/K018868/1 "Efficient and Natural Proof Systems"
<http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/ag/ENPS/>.